United Planets Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
Ogame Link

Attack by other member

Go down

Attack by other member Empty Attack by other member

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 10:34 pm

What if I attack other member in order to create a moon?

Back to top Go down

Attack by other member Empty Re: Attack by other member

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Moonshots are allowed between members, however, both people MUST agree to it beforehand. Also, all rules and regulations put down by Ogame admins must be strictly adhered to.

It is recommended that you post your willingness to do a moonshot on these forums. Both people should involved should post on the same thread giving their acknowledgment. Advise can then be given on how and when to go about do the moonshot (so others don't crash your fleet right before the moonshot, or you use the best strategy). Remember that fornax has different debris field rules, so a different number of ships will be needed for the moonshot.

I personally am getting ready for a moonshot in the HQ area if interested.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 2:50 am

What's the % for debris field in fornax?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 am

% of fleet goes into debris

IMO I believe best strategy is to create an attacking fleet of Probes, defender builds defenses (rockets and light lasers) and any Fleet Ships have Rapid Fire against Probes.

If the moonshot fails or succeeds; the one who constructed the Probes gets his resources back from debris field, and the one 'buying' the moonshot gives back the crystal lost/used for the attempt.

Another strategy is to have the defender build a ton of solar sats and have an attacker crash it with a fleet. This works best however if the defender turns off all power while the attack happens so as to not damage the attacking fleet with the defenses on the planet.

So there you have it, two good strategies for moonshots Smile Either Build your own Solar Sats, or Fund someone to create a Probe Fleet to crash you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 3:12 am

I mean, what's the % that goes into debris fields in fornax? (I think it's 40% in barym)

Strategy that I used was to attack w/ 1250 LF + 1 recycler and then send ~100 recyclers right after. Defender would obviously need to be able to take down the light fighters. Pretty simple and straight forward.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 3:59 am

I attempted to say 70% but didnt notice my num lock was off Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 4:05 am

seriously ? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  freelancer Mon May 23, 2011 8:26 am

When creating moonchances with your friends, certain rules are typically observed.
■If the person receiving the moonchance is lower ranked than the person giving the moonchance, then the receiver may keep the debris.
■If the person receiving the moonchance is higher ranked than the person giving the moonchance, the receiver may not keep the debris (it is considered pushing); therefore, just compensation must be made for the resources of the DF to satisfy the pushing rules. A reverse moonchance is often offered in trade. Goodbye hits of lower ranked players on higher ranked players are not permitted. When in doubt, check with a Game Operator.
■Moon swaps are allowed, so long as the higher ranked player does not gain more resources than they send in return.
■Permission is required for all moonshots from a Game Operator. For .org, the address is http://support.ogame.org .

Important: A GameOperator needs to be informed ONLY if the lower ranked player intends to transport resources to the higher ranked one.
freelancer
freelancer
Forum Mogul

https://upfalliance.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 11:03 am

I personally would not recommend either of Armedallo's strategies as they are crystal and deut expensive. Deut never appears in the debris field, so 100% of it is lost. As deut is very expensive, compared to metal, it is unwise to use anything that requires deut. While crystals do appear, they too are more expensive than metal.

The most common strategy is to use all light fighters. This uses the highest metal concentration possible, with some crystal and no deut. An equally useful version is the battleship. It has the same metal/crystal/deut ratio as the light fighters. Some argue that the battleship option is better as it has less impact on rank when destroyed and can be killed more easily (since there are fewer of them and BC can easily take them out).

The only time I would recommend using solar satellites is if they are already there, namely for graviton research. If you build a large number for graviton and achieve it, then the best thing to do is have them destroyed, so other players don't crash them and harvest the field. That is the only time I would recommend sats.

Here's some math:
Assuming 70% debris fields, you need 715 light fighters, 48 BS, 2858 probes, or 1430 solar sats.

Build costs:
715 fighters = 2,145,000 metal + 715,000 crystal
48 BS = 2,160,000 metal + 720,000 crystal
2858 probes = 2,858,000 crystal
1430 sats = 2,860,000 crystal + 715,000 deut

30% loss on metal/crystal, 100% loss on deut

Total losses:
715 fighters = 643,500 metal + 214,500 crystal
48 BS = 648,000 metal + 216,000 crystal
2858 probes = 857,400 crystal
1430 sats = 858,000 crystal + 715,000 deut

Therefore, the best option is the light fighter, followed closely by the BS. You lose 4 times as much crystal with probes or satellites and you lose nearly 3/4 million deut using sats. So if you have sats hanging around after graviton, then use them, otherwise use fighters or BS.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 am

715 lf are the best, it's easy to destroy them, you do them faster than bs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 3:13 pm

granted the two I stated were a little more expensive, but there is less room for error and collateral damage to either players defenses/fleets.

715 LF is the better route, assuming that the defender is willing to devote defenses to crash them (although he should be able to easily if he/she is at the stage to get a moon in the first place)

Are there any players currently looking for a moonshot by chance?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 3:43 pm

I'm getting ready for moonshot in HQ. Increasing mine levels to get a faster production. Currently at 21/17, or about 74 fighters a day. I also need something capable of defeating a moonshot. Otherwise I am good to go. Could be ready in about 10 days I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down