United Planets Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 97 registered users
    The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
    Ogame Link

[ASK] fusion reactor

+3
    Dingo
    Ursus
    fuadda
    7 posters

Go down

[ASK] fusion reactor Empty [ASK] fusion reactor

Post  fuadda Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:34 am

i want to ask, is fusion reactor IMPORTANT? i dont know to build this or not, i never think this building is important, so give me advice about this building. give me a reason to built this, this building decrease my deut bro Very Happy

fuadda

Back to top Go down

[ASK] fusion reactor Empty Re: [ASK] fusion reactor

Post  Ursus Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Honestly, I've never had to use a fusion reactor, nor would I ever want to. As you said, it is a duet hog, and that could be better spent moving fleets around, or being used for research, nanite, etc etc.

I have heard some people say it is nice to build up a few levels, as a backup to solar satellites, but then again, should never have enough sats to make yourself a target, unless you are going for Graviton.

Ursus
    Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dingo Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Later on it is ok, but only if you have the fields to do it. The Fusion Reactor is good once you have a pretty established empire. In the early stages and for fleeters/Techies Duet is lifeblood. But once you have 5-6 planets all with Deut Synthesizers of decent levels (mine were 19-20) then a fusion reactor might start to look better than a 2mil solar plant.

Dingo
    Council Scribe

Back to top Go down

[ASK] fusion reactor Empty Fusion Reactors

Post  banfa Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:32 am

When you do the math, and you include daily deut costs to operate Fusion Reactors - they NEVER, ever are more efficient than Solar Plants, eveni in positions 12 and beyond.

That said. I use Fusion reactors to supplement Solar plants early in the game because I do not use much deut, and they are more efficient than solar sats. They are then dismantled when I get enough fleet to need the deut used by the Fusion Plants. By that time.\, I have built Solar plants to support the mines

banfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Clout Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:34 am

banfafodder? why is your username all messed up
    Clout
    Clout
    Minister of Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  inPlainView Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:54 pm

The fusion reactor needs a serious ROI calculation based upon your deut needs vs. power needs. Theoretically, assuming i translated their calculation correctly and my math is correct, a level 10 fusion reactor, with level 10 energy technology should produce near 3150 energy and only consume 260 deut/hr. This is a far cry away from the 518 that the solar plant produces, but this is also assuming the solar plants don't become more efficient with energy tech level ups. There is nothing that I've seen that says the do, so I'm just going to assume they don't until i see otherwise. I'm going build a fusion reactor and just leave it off, so when I come to this point in tech I can tell you for sure.

inPlainView

Back to top Go down

Post  Clout Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:56 pm

inPlainView wrote:The fusion reactor needs a serious ROI calculation based upon your deut needs vs. power needs. Theoretically, assuming i translated their calculation correctly and my math is correct, a level 10 fusion reactor, with level 10 energy technology should produce near 3150 energy and only consume 260 deut/hr. This is a far cry away from the 518 that the solar plant produces, but this is also assuming the solar plants don't become more efficient with energy tech level ups. There is nothing that I've seen that says the do, so I'm just going to assume they don't until i see otherwise. I'm going build a fusion reactor and just leave it off, so when I come to this point in tech I can tell you for sure.

Im nominating this for helpful post of the week. Smile very nice

[edit] I dont know if you've seen the post yet Plainview but we have weekly UPF forum awards for different categories. As of now the only reward is resources but Im sure we will think up of more variety as time goes on

Clout
    Clout
    Minister of Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  charloux Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:07 pm

The only thing fusion reactor is good for is when you are colonising a planet positioned 13-15 because solar plants and satelites do not produce much energy, but you do get a lot of deuterium

charloux

Back to top Go down

Post  Ursus Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:17 pm

I have to say, I am surprised by the early results on the post you nominated, Clout. I'll second that, and watch eagerly for more results on the idea.

Ursus
    Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  inc0 Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:22 pm

just a fact, solar plant isn't effected by energy technology nor temperature of the planet. Energy produced is based off of the level and nothing else.

inc0
    Asshat

Back to top Go down

Post  Clout Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Truth of the matter is that fusion reactor all depends on play style and needs. It will be different for every player, all we can do is give you as much information as possible so you can make the best decision for yourself
    Clout
    Clout
    Minister of Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  inc0 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:36 pm

inPlainView, what formula were you using to figure out the energy output of a fusion reactor?

I went to look further into this, at lvl 10 it will produce 345 energy, draining 259 deut. Where did 3k energy come from?

inc0
    Asshat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down