United Planets Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
Ogame Link

Best way to get Moonshot?

Go down

Best way to get Moonshot? Empty Best way to get Moonshot?

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 9:30 am

I personally think that 45 battleships is the best way in this uni as they have the same 3:1 ratio as light fighters except do less damage (usually) to defenses. I've never done one so Im not very experienced but are there any other ideas/suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Best way to get Moonshot? Empty Re: Best way to get Moonshot?

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 12:20 pm

I personally would not recommend either of Armedallo's strategies as they are crystal and deut expensive. Deut never appears in the debris field, so 100% of it is lost. As deut is very expensive, compared to metal, it is unwise to use anything that requires deut. While crystals do appear, they too are more expensive than metal.

The most common strategy is to use all light fighters. This uses the highest metal concentration possible, with some crystal and no deut. An equally useful version is the battleship. It has the same metal/crystal/deut ratio as the light fighters. Some argue that the battleship option is better as it has less impact on rank when destroyed and can be killed more easily (since there are fewer of them and BC can easily take them out).

The only time I would recommend using solar satellites is if they are already there, namely for graviton research. If you build a large number for graviton and achieve it, then the best thing to do is have them destroyed, so other players don't crash them and harvest the field. That is the only time I would recommend sats.

Here's some math:
Assuming 70% debris fields, you need 715 light fighters, 48 BS, 2858 probes, or 1430 solar sats.

Build costs:
715 fighters = 2,145,000 metal + 715,000 crystal
48 BS = 2,160,000 metal + 720,000 crystal
2858 probes = 2,858,000 crystal
1430 sats = 2,860,000 crystal + 715,000 deut

30% loss on metal/crystal, 100% loss on deut

Total losses:
715 fighters = 643,500 metal + 214,500 crystal
48 BS = 648,000 metal + 216,000 crystal
2858 probes = 857,400 crystal
1430 sats = 858,000 crystal + 715,000 deut

Therefore, the best option is the light fighter, followed closely by the BS. You lose 4 times as much crystal with probes or satellites and you lose nearly 3/4 million deut using sats. So if you have sats hanging around after graviton, then use them, otherwise use fighters or BS.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Thanks for the post tacticus! that really helps

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down