United Planets Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
Ogame Link

The Technique of Farming

2 posters

Go down

The Technique of Farming Empty The Technique of Farming

Post  Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Hey guys,
I'm sure many of you know what farming is, you just have not heard the term before. Farming is essentially raiding inactive players for resources. Before I had any military ships, I built cargo ships and upgraded my computer technology so I could send out more fleets at once. Inactive planets usually have no defenses, so you can send only cargo ships and the return with the resources.
Important Note: You can only take a maximum of half of a players resources. For example, say a targeted inactive player has 40k metal, 30k crystal, and 10k deut (to make the math easy lol). Add all those up for a total of 80k units of resources. As I said you can only take half of their resources in a single raid. So you can take 40k units of resources from them. So send a large cargo and 3 small cargoes or however you want to do it. Now the player has 40k units of resources left. You can send another raid, but again can only get half of their total resources. So you can only take 20k. Does that make sense? If you need clarification, just post or pm me in the game.
DEFINITELY FARM PLANETS! This is the way to fly through the ranks and make some money. You can rely on your resources, but farming is a huge benefit!
Again any questions, feel free to contact me or Clout.
-Cory

Back to top Go down

The Technique of Farming Empty Re: The Technique of Farming

Post  Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:00 pm

I now that there is this "Rule" in teh game that you can only get the half os the ress but I don't think that this is always so.
I think if you send battle-ships you can get more than the half.(but I'm not a 100% sure xD)
But I alway send more than one fleet to a planet to get more ress Very Happy

Greets Tesserakt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Yea that may be true, I'm not sure about that either, but I know if you only send cargoes you get half. You probably are right, because if actually attack someone and obliterate their defense, I think you can get away with all there stuff or close too it right?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:21 am

Yeah I think so too.If you crush the defense you get get nearly every thing ^^

Back to top Go down

Post  kommeat Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:59 pm

umm unless they made serious changes in the ogame code for barym (uni102) you can only capture half on any battle in ogame regardless of whether you use just cargos or 1000 destroyers. i know in uni 13 i had that big a dessie fleet and even with that plus all my other ships i only grabbed half the available resources. but then again like i said they could have changed it
kommeat
kommeat
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefein Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:33 pm

kommeat wrote:umm unless they made serious changes in the ogame code for barym (uni102) you can only capture half on any battle in ogame regardless of whether you use just cargos or 1000 destroyers. i know in uni 13 i had that big a dessie fleet and even with that plus all my other ships i only grabbed half the available resources. but then again like i said they could have changed it
No your right it has always been half, still is half and probably will always be half

Lefein

https://upfalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kommeat Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:43 pm

hey thanks for the confirmation on that. was going crazy trying to find anything on the forums to see if they had changed it.
kommeat
kommeat
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:01 am

is farming really good. i got hit 3 times in a week .but now im in a totally kool alliance Very Happy maybe that player will think twice..also the small guy gets a loss of produce .[ been there] but if we must farm should we not bring fighters along, after we deploy spy sats.or is it best to missile his defense first than roll in?

Back to top Go down

Post  kommeat Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:04 pm

generally for farming you look for an inactive player that has few defenses. this is the best way to farm when your first starting out. that way you can easily walk away with resources.
kommeat
kommeat
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Farming is the best way to go when first starting out and even after you have established yourself a little farming on inactive never hurts for quick resource catch.
To add to the question of resources from raids or farming, It is always half the resources. It will always remain the same, unless major changes to the game occur.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:36 pm

could we start a topic on best defense against farming. like weapons. oh n officers. still learning alot from u guys. oh n thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  kommeat Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:51 pm

yeah we can start something like that coming up. you should jump in the chat box with us and hang out for a few. we talk alot in there and you can always ask questions and get answers in there too
kommeat
kommeat
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:42 am

well did my first raid this am. got 60k metal,30k crystal,10k duet. sent 2 raider groups to same planet 15 minutes apart..nice haul. [ no defense made it easier ].

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum