United Planets Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
Ogame Link

Again Help Needed

Go down

Again Help Needed Empty Again Help Needed

Post  freelancer Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:51 pm

What Next, i Have 6 planets all going well, nanite on 5;356:1, Question

Basic research
Energy Technology 9 Laser Technology 12 Ion Technology 7 ( Iknow too much)
Hyperspace Technology 8 Plasma Technology 7
Drive research
Combustion Drive 9 Impulse Drive 6 Hyperspace Drive 6
Advanced researches
Espionage Technology 10 Computer Technology 10 Astrophysics 9
Intergalactic Research Network 1 Graviton Technology 0
Combat research
Weapons Technology 9 Shielding Technology 9 Armor Technology 9

Any Suggestions Appreciated
freelancer
freelancer
Forum Mogul

https://upfalliance.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Again Help Needed Empty Re: Again Help Needed

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:06 pm

I'd say use the new colony you attained and put it in position 1. Then do graviton there. Once done, relocate to a more useful slot.

Along with graviton, you should work on hyperdrive 7. With those two, you'll have the requirements for death stars.

If you aren't ready yet, work on your combat research levels. You can always work on getting a couple of moons and developing them as well.

Failing all else, you can build a large fleet or send your resources my way and I'll use them. You're getting to the point where you need to stop focusing on research and focus on fleet development or planetary development. You almost have all the tech for all items, so the value in research only exists in combat research (or drive research).

Back to top Go down

Post  freelancer Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Already a planet in position slot 1 but the fields are low will need terraform evidentually & building fleet slowly in G1 & HQ

& how do i relocate a planet, that takes alot of DM
freelancer
freelancer
Forum Mogul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:27 pm

yes and no since the number of fields are low you may be better off destroying it and rebuiding it a but that can be costly do the haveing research tech 12 on it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Don't develop a slot 1 planet. You only need research lab 12, robotics 2, and shipyard 1. You can increase the shipyard into what fields are available, but don't get it too high. Import all the resources needed for the solar satellites.

Once you have researched graviton, haul away any remaining resources. Have an alliance member crash the planet. Harvest the debris field. Once you have gotten everything you can out of it, abandon the planet (click the little gear symbol on the overview page). The planet will be destroyed and you can build a new colony in a better slot.

Slot 1 planets are usually only good for the above approach. Use some other slot for all other purposes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:55 pm

When going for graviton its usually a good idea to get a nanite factory on the planet so it goes quicker. That way the sats dont sit around the planet for a long period of time

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:27 pm

true as that may be, it is quite wasteful if you plan on destroying the planet. You lose all the resources for the nanite factory and all the extra robotics. Those too take time to build. In the time it takes to build a nanite factory (not including the robotics needed for it), you could build 197 satellites with a level 2 shipyard or 656 with a level 9 shipyard.

It takes a long time regardless and there is a high probability of attack. Be sure you are in a safe location and you can re-enforce the planet quickly.

You should also hunt around for a very hot planet, so that you get the most energy per satellite as possible (requiring fewer to be built).

Back to top Go down

Post  freelancer Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:35 pm

already have 1 nanite on slot 1, will be building as least 1 other before graviton !!

But why give up slot 1 after, is it not good for building res met & cry
freelancer
freelancer
Forum Mogul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Yes, everything said so far I agree with. To emphasize...

1) Do not develop your slot 1 planet beyond what is required to do Graviton Research.
2) If you decide to do Grav Research ensure that you have the resources to order ALL the solar sats in one go. The less amount of time you take to complete the energy requirements the better.
3) A somewhat decent strategy is to build up the Solar Plant at same time of building the Solar Sats. You can mathematically figure out how long it will take to get X level of Solar Plant, take the power it dishes out, then subtract that from the 300k required for Graviton, and the remainder can be from solar sats. This will require more resources, but will cut down on Solar Sat time requirements by a little bit. A sweet spot is generally around level 25 on the Solar Plant. Its about 6k power from that which saves roughly 100 or more solar sats. Mind you that is alot of time and resources put into it so if your not worried about your sats being in perils way, don't do it. I know I won't be, just an option to look at.
4) Work on increasing your offense and defense of your ships. Especially if you are going to start utilizing Deathstars. The Ricochet effect is paramount and priority to maintain when using a Deathstar. The more units that are rendered ineffective against one, the better you will be off.
5) When done with Grav , Crash the Solar Sats, Recycle the Loot, and then abandon the colony, it has no further use as a slot 1 planet. Re-colonize from a tactically advantagious position so you can attack more effectively in higher populated areas, or use that colony slot as a mobile Forward Operating Base.
6)

Back to top Go down

Post  freelancer Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:50 pm

tks all & i know that when i crash my solar sats i WILL be getting a moon. drunken
freelancer
freelancer
Forum Mogul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:05 pm

There is no guarantee of a moon. You don't really want a moon on a planet your going to get rid of anyways.

We say abandon the slot 1 planet cause it has few fields, so it will require terraforming to match your other planets. Also, a desirable planet for graviton is a poor planet for deut production. While metal/crystal won't be effected, your deut will be.

You're far better off with a planet in the 7-9 slot range than either extreme. But if you want to keep it and you do get a moon, we won't argue.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:07 pm

now a moon in our hq i will say would be hard to destroy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:16 pm

I have a moon...and its sexy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content