United Planets Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
Ogame Link

unnecessary?

Go down

unnecessary? Empty unnecessary?

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Why is so necessary to post anything? I don't understand. ¬¬

Back to top Go down

unnecessary? Empty Re: unnecessary?

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:19 am

Shows activity. We don't want people joining the alliance and then leeching off us, by getting resources, ACS defenses, defeating their enemies and so on.

By posting, we hope they take a few seconds and see some of the stuff we do, and join us. Otherwise a new player can join and then hide behind the alliance perpetually. The size and rank of our alliance is enough to keep many would be attackers at bay.

This in no way benefits the alliance, but has the potential to harm us. So we want people to visit the forums and get involved. It is part of our charter, and thus should be enforced.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:26 am

very well said tact!

I also want to add that joining UPF you agreed to use the forums. At least that is what the main page said you had to do to join. Its a vital resource that helps us communicate and overcome our enemies.

This alliance is not just for the strong, as the weaker members are welcome to ask upon us for help. Help that includes resources, ACS Attacks to gain more resources, ACS defenses to repell attackers, tips, tricks, advice, and just as Tacticus said being in our alliance holds its own benefit alone.

Those not willing to work with us, need to leave. Thus, if we don't see any initiative by fellow members to cooperate with the requirements, we kick them out. Sadly it will have a negative impact on our rank, however it is necessary to weed out the leeches so that our roots can grow deep and strong.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 9:23 am

Armedall0 wrote:very well said tact!

I also want to add that joining UPF you agreed to use the forums. At least that is what the main page said you had to do to join. Its a vital resource that helps us communicate and overcome our enemies.

This alliance is not just for the strong, as the weaker members are welcome to ask upon us for help. Help that includes resources, ACS Attacks to gain more resources, ACS defenses to repell attackers, tips, tricks, advice, and just as Tacticus said being in our alliance holds its own benefit alone.

Those not willing to work with us, need to leave. Thus, if we don't see any initiative by fellow members to cooperate with the requirements, we kick them out. Sadly it will have a negative impact on our rank, however it is necessary to weed out the leeches so that our roots can grow deep and strong.

LOL, I love the analogy!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:20 pm

The idea's good, Although I hope it doesn't get taken too far. Getting on once a week is alright, but you can't expect everyone to be gun-ho forum users. Some people just want to chill. You'd be throwing away a lot of good people if you all want to be Nazi nerds about this haha. Still like i said, getting on the forum once a week isn't that bad of an idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  freelancer Sun May 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Plus being on the Forum u can let your fellow members know u, introduce yourself / where your from, let us know where your planets are,helps in (fs) fleetsaves for u & us, find out whats best in research for u, What do do u want to do in ogame ?

Their are section/topics of all kinds, we can even start a topic for your favorite pet cat pig , food pukeing , car car , etc., need help with your computer study we have nerds here, u want to ramble on about anything WAIT THATS MY JOB.

U just want to yell at your spouse do it here, argument IT DOES HURT AS MUCH, plus u still get to sleep in the same bed.

That is what the Forum Is
freelancer
freelancer
Forum Mogul

https://upfalliance.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm kind of split on this.

I can see the frustration of having a lot of seemingly silent members; the nature of the game doesn't lend much to teamwork until later on so the only real way to interact and gauge member activity is through forum participation. It doesn't seem like a lot to ask for members to check in and make a post or two once in a while.

However, as a long time lurker on most forums, I really don't think a weekly quota would do much good. Not that it's an unreasonable request, but you just can't force people to socialize/contribute. Putting such a big spotlight on this issue is just going to kill any real shred of desire to participate. The best we'll get is people making the minimal effort like posting a smiley face once a week.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Honestly dont see the big deal in signing in once a week and making a post. Those of us who do post alot are always making new topics of different things to talk about. It doesnt take you but 5 minutes to log in and contribute your thoughts. ONCE EVERY SEVEN DAYS. I dont see how thats taking it to far or being a "Nazi nerd"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm just saying I hope it doesn't turn into nazi time lol. 1 post a week is nothing, but lets not make it a habit to make too many obligations. This game is supposed to be fun in the end, not serious bullshit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 1:06 am

was never going to be more than that, so nothing to worry about ... stinkin nazi watcher lol Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum