United Planets Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 97 registered users
    The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
    Ogame Link

Galaxytool

2 posters

Go down

Galaxytool Empty Galaxytool

Post  Guest Sat May 28, 2011 11:07 am

I've read about this as a tool for identifing inactives. Do we have one running on this forum?

Back to top Go down

Galaxytool Empty Re: Galaxytool

Post  Guest Sat May 28, 2011 1:22 pm

galaxytool only works if everyone is using Mozilla Firefox browser, and requires a database manager to use it... there are free hosting for the program but its quite a hassle.

You can share espionage reports, battle reports, and it even has its own message board system, and the Universe View addon works nicely, however its such a pain to set up and to get everyone to use it would never happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 5:01 pm

I've used the galaxy tool in past alliances and it was just more of a hassle than anything else, it doesn't work very well unless everyone is very active in it and its hard to coordinate enough people to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:52 am

I realize this is an old thread but as Freelancer & I have been talking about Galaxytool I thought I would throw my two cents in...

I think galaxytool is a great resource for any successful alliance. It is not that much of a hassle to setup and I would be more than happy to set one up for this alliance. It is best to use firefox with the galaxytool plugin, true, but the chrome add-on COgame will also allow you to upload galaxy view info as well. Don't get me wrong only uploading galaxy view info is not great but better than nothing.

For those of you who no dot want to use firefox as you main web browser might I suggest firefox portable with the galaxytool plug-in, greasemonkey, & antigame script for greasemonkey installed. That is all legit by the way. That way it can be carried on a flash drive and used anywhere. That has always worked great for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  freelancer Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:10 pm

If running another browser could u still use a plugin & have access, I am not very computer literate withall this firefox etc & when i am at work my wife would go crazy if she cannot navigate & give me SHI% if she has to learn another browser & if we have only say 5 to 8 players using it is it worth it ?

I would like to here from other regular members
    freelancer
    freelancer
    Forum Mogul

https://upfalliance.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:56 am

ive set up several of them, and there just not worth it. it would work best if you follow game stats and post espy resports here of fleets to crash. as a matter of fact, im gonna start posting espy reports.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:29 pm

you can use any web browser you want to view the website. I realize that everyone will not want to use firefox as their main browser, I don't use firefox as my main browser.

As far as is it worth it if only 5-8 people are using it... I believe so. I am currently the only person using my current galaxytool simply to neatly keep all of my espionage reports and search for inactive players. Some times I will goto galaxy view and quickly scan through about half of a system (1:50 - 1:300) then use galaxytool to quickly or inactives that are worth espionaging.

I have created a portable firefox with everything installed and configured for you guys to check out. It adds to my old galaxytool.

ftp://71.40.142.38

username: UPF
    password: guest

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:52 pm

I have no idea what any of this is about...

And reading the thread didn't help Shocked
    Amplanohre
    Amplanohre
    Forum Mogul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Amplanohre wrote:I have no idea what any of this is about...

And reading the thread didn't help Shocked

check out
    [url]en.wiki.galaxytool.eu/[/url]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:58 pm

its basically a place where coords and espy reports are stored. in a nut shell. so if your looking for someone to attack, or tracking there online times, it makes it easier. the only hard part about it is getting people to use it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Okay thanks. That was very helpful.
    Amplanohre
    Amplanohre
    Forum Mogul

Back to top Go down

Galaxytool Empty Using galaxy tool

Post  Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:59 am

So while I realize this is an old thread is there anyone who is using a galaxy tool that can drop me the info? I am assuming the above posts from "guest" are from an old UPF member. Here is my two cents. Even if only 2 people are using it, in a time of war, the tool allows you to pull up ALL the worlds of any alliance, as well as last known data on worlds as well. If I decide to use fire fox in galaxy view and burn 10 duet per system for every system in the universe it will generate a list of the entire alliance. Poof. I can even search ny individual user. Poof.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down