United Planets Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
Ogame Link

Top dogs of UPF!

Go down

Top dogs of UPF! Empty Top dogs of UPF!

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Im new here, and not sure who is who. so to get started, lets find out who's top dog!

Post progress in fleets, research, and resources.

Fleets: Types of ships and numbers.
Research numbers
Resource rates.

Very Happy im at about 31 light fighters 3 heavy 4 small cargo
low leveled on researches, but 1 weapons 1 shielding 3 armor
Metal: +1.92 Crystal: +1.27 Deut: +0.23

Back to top Go down

Top dogs of UPF! Empty Re: Top dogs of UPF!

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 4:40 pm

17 Battleships
4 Bombers
11 Destroyers
5 Battlecruisers
28 large Cargos
20 Recyclers

Weapon tech levels are all at 9

All my planets put together put out about 34k metal, 19k crystal, 7k duet per hour

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 pm

clout's special

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 4:55 pm

1 Heavy Fighter
31 Battle ships
18 Battle cruisers
7 Bombers
16 Large cargoes
1 Small cargo
10 recyclers

Destroyers in 2 days
All weapon tech at 9.

30k metal, 17.5k crystal, 3k deut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Universe 7 acc:
12 all research things

100 battle ships 30 large cargos and few other misc

best planet: 10k an hour overall i think it was 32k

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 6:02 pm

This thread is in the Fornax group, so other uni don't count. I have a well developed Capella account, but I'm not gonna list it. List your Fornax acc only, please.

Or start a new thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 6:12 pm

tacticus wrote:This thread is in the Fornax group, so other uni don't count. I have a well developed Capella account, but I'm not gonna list it. List your Fornax acc only, please.

Or start a new thread.
lol wrote it wrong my bad, went to compare my old account to you guys, see if anyone had equal or better stats. (its what the question is for in this thread)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 6:46 pm

well... since I only play Fornax, this topic is useless for me :/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Armedall0 wrote:well... since I only play Fornax, this topic is useless for me :/

how? this is on fornax i was just comparing my other acc to this. lol

What do you have?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 10:32 pm

I dont understand why you would compare other accounts in the fornax section, it holds no relevance to the rest of the alliance unless they play in that other universe as well.

Aside from that... lets tally up what I have, open calculator! Razz

5/5 Planets
Gizzard [2:285:8]
Feather [5:356:6]
Spleen [5:356:7]
Harvest [5:356:8] Metal Mine <Newest Planet just Colonized>
Khatovar Indust... [5:356:12] Missile Silo

Total Production Values <Excluding 'Harvest'>
Metal = 32,504 per hour
Crystal = 18,398 per hour
Duet = 4982 per hour minus the amount used for Fusion

Total Fleet

~Combat Ships~
Light Fighter = 31
Heavy Fighter = 18
Cruiser = 17
Battleship = 11
Battle-cruiser = 4
Bomber = 2
Destroyer = 0
Death-star = 0

~Civilian Ships~
Small Cargo = 125
Large Cargo = 60
Colony Ship = 0
Recycler = 3
Probe = 84

Basic research

Energy Technology 8
Laser Technology 12
Ion Technology 5
Hyperspace Technology 6
Plasma Technology 5

Drive research

Combustion Drive 6
Impulse Drive 6
Hyperspace Drive 5

Advanced researches

Espionage Technology 7 (+2)
Computer Technology 6
Astrophysics 7
Intergalactic Research Network 0
Graviton Technology 0

Combat research

Weapons Technology 7
Shielding Technology 6
Armor Technology 7 .. till 8 = 4h 12m

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 10:34 pm

alrite guys, he compared another account to his fornax one its not a big deal Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 10:35 pm

must.. kill... for... BRAINS! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Update!
Im at 20 light fighters 10 heavy 3 cruisers 1 small cargo 2(1 building) large cargo
3 weapons 3 shielding 3 armor
With levels up to 800 mainly looking at defense, and my income being low, i'm attempting to get bomber asap, avoiding the missile silo, just takes too long etc, unless i can get enough cash ^.^ (if ne 1 donates, i will promise to be your protector when i get of level! Very Happy)
Metal: +2.9 Crystal: +1.53 Deut: +0.68

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Don't worry too much about the bombers. Go for BC or destroyers. Bombers are slow and use lots of deut to travel. Once you get hyperdrive 8 though, bombers become useful again.

Contrats on the rest. Your fleet is now larger than mine!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:13 pm

tacticus wrote:Don't worry too much about the bombers. Go for BC or destroyers. Bombers are slow and use lots of deut to travel. Once you get hyperdrive 8 though, bombers become useful again.

Contrats on the rest. Your fleet is now larger than mine!

i heard! Sucks!

But!!! guess what! Our alliance is placed top 5 in researches!!!

Also, should i just go for the missile silo? then get bombers for when i have a fleet accustomed to 50 + destroyers? i need help with this part. are battleships worth getting soon? do i get battlecruisers before battleships?

Plan for attack:
Have limited resource stations made, survive off surroundings- 20k or so metal each(once i get stumped, make another planet)

Research espionage early, makes targets a lot easier to read, as they dont usually get above 3 or 4, my 6 will ez them.

Ships, Get 30+ light off asap, then get 5-10 heavy, attack before rank 1500. This worked well, now it is to the point of breaking 1000.
at these ranks, people can get gauss cannons, Ion cannons destroy my low level sips and gauss can take out easily a few cruisers.

so my point is, do i just tank into cruisers? don't waist time on battleships till up making millions a day?

lmk if you want to chat i have skype(no mic atm though)
PS>only deut prob ive had was when attempting to get graviton tech. would have taken me 3 weeks to get the materials and building would take another week. i started had 2k satellites and was attacked, brutally murdered. haha

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:28 pm

whats your skype username? we have an alliance chatbox and none of us use mic's. It'll probably be easier to answer all your questions using that

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Ownageman wrote:

Also, should i just go for the missile silo? then get bombers for when i have a fleet accustomed to 50 + destroyers? i need help with this part. are battleships worth getting soon? do i get battlecruisers before battleships?

You need to at least build your missile silo up to lvl 2 so you can have Anti-Ballistic missiles as these are necessary. You can choose whether or not you want to use Ballistic Missiles because they are very expensive and most people have ABM's but can work well against inexperienced players who dont make ABM's

Ownageman wrote:
so my point is, do i just tank into cruisers? don't waist time on battleships till up making millions a day?

Im barely making a million a day and Im massing destroyers. My advice is to get into battleships as quickly as possible because they are relatively cheap for their strength(cost 0 duet to make). Make sure you fleetsave often and use deployment missions instead of transport missions so you cannot be phalanxed. (If you have any questions about that feel free to pm me or another representative and we can explain it better or give a link)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:56 pm

People usually get battle ships before battle cruisers, bombers, and destroyers. When thinking of attack strategies, there are two key things to note, numbers and power.

Defensive structures only fire once per round regardless. However, many ships have rapid fire against some type of defenses. So a single cruiser can take out several rocket launchers per round (while possible to take out all the rocket launchers in one round, I think the average is around 6). So if you outnumber the enemy 500 to 1 (lots of light fighters), you will lose at most 1 ship per defensive structure. But your other 499 will attack and be unharmed.

Once you achieve battle ships, your power goes up greatly. A single battle ship can usually take 3 gauss cannon hits before dying. It can also deal far more damage per strike.

Your best bet is to have a diverse fleet at the start. I use probes gained from expeditions as targets for defensive structures so my ships remained unharmed (there is little other value for 200+ probes). Be sure to get the debris field though. You want numbers more so than power here. Have lots of fighters, light and heavy (I prefer heavy since lights can't damage shields), a handful of cruisers and one or two battle ships.

As you get further on, invest in more big ships. Take note of the cost difference between large ships. Battle cruisers, bombers, and destroyers all use the same amount of deut, but different amounts of crystal and metal. A destroyer, for instance, uses 30k more metal and 10k more crystal than a battle cruiser, which isn't a huge difference. But a destroyer has the potential to deal far more damage, and take more hits.

Knowing what you are attacking also makes a difference. If you focus on taking out fleets, the battle cruisers are your best friend. But for looting planets, bombers and destroyers are better.

As one guy put it, only build battle ships if you don't have the deut to build something else.

As far as missiles go, I've never used or built one. It's almost rare to see them in use. I know clout uses them for taking out defenses. I'd say only build it a couple of levels and put in the anti-ballistic missiles, just in case.

On graviton tech, that's only needed for the death stars. From the sounds of it, you are far from it. I am too, so don't feel bad. It's best done using a planet located in slot 1 (fewer satellites will be needed). You'll most likely not want to build anything on that planet except the research lab to level 12 and a ship yard to level 1. Import all the resources to it from your other planets. Do this all at once, and have your fleet ready to jump in. Quickly build all the sats and then research graviton (which takes no time). Have an alliance member crash the planet (destroy the satellites). Harvest the debris field and return everything to another planet. Then abandon that planet and put it somewhere more useful, like slot 7-9.

Did I miss anything?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:17 pm

tacticus wrote:People usually get battle ships before battle cruisers, bombers, and destroyers. When thinking of attack strategies, there are two key things to note, numbers and power.

Defensive structures only fire once per round regardless. However, many ships have rapid fire against some type of defenses. So a single cruiser can take out several rocket launchers per round (while possible to take out all the rocket launchers in one round, I think the average is around 6). So if you outnumber the enemy 500 to 1 (lots of light fighters), you will lose at most 1 ship per defensive structure. But your other 499 will attack and be unharmed.

Once you achieve battle ships, your power goes up greatly. A single battle ship can usually take 3 gauss cannon hits before dying. It can also deal far more damage per strike.

Your best bet is to have a diverse fleet at the start. I use probes gained from expeditions as targets for defensive structures so my ships remained unharmed (there is little other value for 200+ probes). Be sure to get the debris field though. You want numbers more so than power here. Have lots of fighters, light and heavy (I prefer heavy since lights can't damage shields), a handful of cruisers and one or two battle ships.

As you get further on, invest in more big ships. Take note of the cost difference between large ships. Battle cruisers, bombers, and destroyers all use the same amount of deut, but different amounts of crystal and metal. A destroyer, for instance, uses 30k more metal and 10k more crystal than a battle cruiser, which isn't a huge difference. But a destroyer has the potential to deal far more damage, and take more hits.

Knowing what you are attacking also makes a difference. If you focus on taking out fleets, the battle cruisers are your best friend. But for looting planets, bombers and destroyers are better.

As one guy put it, only build battle ships if you don't have the deut to build something else.

As far as missiles go, I've never used or built one. It's almost rare to see them in use. I know clout uses them for taking out defenses. I'd say only build it a couple of levels and put in the anti-ballistic missiles, just in case.

On graviton tech, that's only needed for the death stars. From the sounds of it, you are far from it. I am too, so don't feel bad. It's best done using a planet located in slot 1 (fewer satellites will be needed). You'll most likely not want to build anything on that planet except the research lab to level 12 and a ship yard to level 1. Import all the resources to it from your other planets. Do this all at once, and have your fleet ready to jump in. Quickly build all the sats and then research graviton (which takes no time). Have an alliance member crash the planet (destroy the satellites). Harvest the debris field and return everything to another planet. Then abandon that planet and put it somewhere more useful, like slot 7-9.

Did I miss anything?

Seems decent, and for the fleet situation.
Light fighters go first? heavy second cruisers third? so what if i get enough light fighters to equal the amount of defenses and then some firepower to destroy theirs? does this mean they cannot touch my heavy powers? Skype ill get in a second

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 pm

No, there is no rule that governs which ship hits which ship/defense and vice versa. Having the greater number means that some ships won't get hit, not necessarily the ones you want.

For instance, I have a fleet containing 100 cruisers and 200 probes. When I reach the planet, each defending ship/gun has a 1 in 3 chance of hitting the cruisers (which I don't want to happen), but a 2 in 3 chance of hitting a probe (which I do want). It is more likely that the probes will take the hits than the cruisers. What is the chance a cruiser gets hit twice then? Well, 1:3 to get a cruiser, and then a 1:100 chance to hit a specific cruiser. While the first shot can hit any cruiser (since none have been hit yet), it is strictly a 1:3 chance. The total chance that a cruiser (any 1 cruiser) gets hit twice is then 1/3 * 1/3 * 1/100 = .11% This assumes only two guns, but you get the idea. That means the probes have a 2/3 chance of getting the first shot and a 2/3 chance of getting the second. A different cruiser has the chance of being hit 1/3 * 99/100.

By carefully stacking the numbers and ship types, you can 'limit' the damage you take, or the damage certain ships will take.

If you want smaller ships to take the hits, then you want more light fighters than heavies, more heavies than cruisers, more cruisers than battle ships and so on. Do note that it may be better for the stronger ships to take the hits, as many can take several hits and survive, while a smaller one would be destroyed in a single hit.

With every ship you lose, the greater the chance that the next round will result in a hit to a more valuable ship.

In my probes examples, I wanted the probes to blow up, so I could harvest the crystal from them. I didn't build them, and I don't need more than a dozen, so it is better if they were turned into resources that I can spend elsewhere. This may not always be the case. When I didn't have probes, the smallest ship I used was heavy fighters, as they are strong enough to deal damage and can take a hit from most small defenses.

You have to try things. Some will work, some won't. Just learn from the ones that don't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum