United Planets Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
Ogame Link

Pulling. Hyperspace Drive.

Go down

Pulling. Hyperspace Drive. Empty Pulling. Hyperspace Drive.

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Anyone care to sponsor my Hyperspace Drive research?

Back to top Go down

Pulling. Hyperspace Drive. Empty Re: Pulling. Hyperspace Drive.

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Sponsor my astro research and I can help. I'll have hyper drive 5 in 2 hours, so won't need to worry about researching it to 6 for some time. What specifically do you need, and where?

I have laser 12 starting as soon as hyper drive 5 finishes. Then energy from 7-8, plasma from 0-5, impulse 4-6. That will give me everything sub-destroyer before the week's end. I can take a break after that.

Planning to start building a moonshot fleet in HQ area soon. So let me know what you want and where and I can see if I can help any.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 5:55 pm

[1:27:10] planet: Alpha

well i can get HD lvl3 then after that i would be a target for too long building up resources so however much lvl 4 costs.

just maybe 75% of it, i could collect the rest i think without being a target

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:25 pm

I have that target issue all the time. I just got hyper drive 6 on capella, which requires over 1 million resources. The trick is to build/research other things with the resources until you have enough. Constantly stop and restart builds/research to prevent actually getting them. Resources in building/research cannot be stolen. Fleetsave the rest of it.

By the time I get enough resources to you, you should have lvl 3. Also, try to do the expensive research in 'distant' places, not galaxy 1. I do mine in galaxy 2, but that is becoming dangerous atm. I'll move research to HQ soon. You should do the same.

Might want to talk with a well defended alliance member and see if they are willing to hold resources for you, so you don't have to worry (not me, I have only 2 planets with defenses and 5 ships).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 pm

alright but i lack the time to play sometimes and cancelling research bldgs would pose a problem.

but thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:45 pm

It's not quite so hard the further you get along as building/research times take ages (that hyper drive 6 on capella took 5 days to complete). Like right now I have over 600 thousand resources waiting for hyper drive 5 to finish on fornax. I hide most of it in a solar plant that takes 17 hours to build. Only need to log in on average once per day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 7:25 pm

I'd like to make a point to those that can't log in very often (at least once a day) to fornax.

Fornax was designed to be a fast paced universe. Build and research times are half normal speed, ships travel between planets twice as fast, debris fields are larger, and resources accumulate faster. A single days time in fornax is an incredibly long time compared to other universes.

For instance, I play on capella. I have been playing there for a few months. I started fornax the day it came out. Already my fornax planets out produce all my capella planets (in fornax, my homeworld produces more duet in a day than all 4 planets combined in capella). As it stands, my research is only 3 days behind capella's.

So in a single fornax day, I do more, build more, research more, cry more than I do in 3 or 4 days on capella.

If you can't log in at least once a day, then fornax is not the universe for you. We would like you to be here, but if fornax goes too fast, then try one of the slower universes. I know that in capella, 600 people have dropped out to focus on fornax, and those remaining aren't very active. This is a good time to get into them.

I may be atypical, but here is how I play both capella and fornax:
wake up, before rolling out of bed, grab phone. check weather, news, finances, emails, and ogame.
go to work (being a computer scientist helps here since I'm always in front of a computer), log in to all my sites (ogame/forums included), email, applications, etc.
work, every time I get a break, get ready to go to a meeting, etc, I check ogame/forums.
leaving work, as I shutdown, I check ogame/forums.
at home, log in to home computer w/ogame/forums/email/netflix/etc.
before turning in, check ogame/forums, fleetsave/hide resources.

repeat as needed.

Not everyone sits in front of a computer all day, but you should still be able to log in every morning and night. If you can't, fornax will have nasty surprises for you and you'll forever be at the bottom of the food chain.

-T

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 pm

thank you tacticus on the wonderful post!

I myself also log into Ogame as soon as I wake up. I plan my next days activities in advance so that morning I already know if I have to fleet save right away, or if I have time to move resources, initiate builds, or search for targets. Normally my schedule allows me to not fleet-save (can log in every hour or so to check if someone is attacking me)

I wake up at 0530-0630 every day. Start builds, move resources to my developing planet, then fleet-save the rest till when I guess that I can log in again next. I ALWAYS fleetsave by doing a WCS Defense on one of our own alliance members. Add players to your Buddy List to make things easier!

don't forget to set hold time to zero, otherwise the fleet will be vulnerable sitting at your buddies planet. And set the flight speed so that the ships get back when you think you will be online next.

if you end up with more resources than you can transport, then build more transports or build a new building to use them up, that simple. Fleet-saving at 10% speed.. depending on how far your fleet travels, not only saves on Duet cost (the slower the speed the less the duet needed) but it also leaves a HUGE amount of time for you to be away from your account.

Also, keep in mind that as your away, your planets keep producing more resources, so build enough defense to make it 'unprofitable'. Normally Ogamers are looking for fleets to crash, so if a fleet is not there, should not have many issues. If your making a couple hundred thousand resource in 12 hours then try utilizing this tool!

http://tools.ogamecentral.com/defence-calculator-2

It helps by showing a 'suggestive' defense amount that would deter anyone from thinking your resources are worth the effort.

Back to top Go down

Post  freelancer Wed May 18, 2011 9:56 pm

TO QUOTE A FAMOUS PERSON, wow, lol!
freelancer
freelancer
Forum Mogul

https://upfalliance.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 11:05 am

great posts.

thanks guys, knew most of it but i bet its super-useful for some noobies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum